Miracle noodles (aka Shiratake noodles) combined with homemade meatballs and fresh sauce make this dish friendly for ALL phases of the HCG diet. Miracle noodles are made from the root of an Asian plant and have zero calories, zero carbs, and are a free food during Phase 2 VLCD.
- 3.5oz of lean ground beef (any phase 2 friendly protein)
- 1 serving of melba toast or grissini
- 1/2-1 teaspoon of mustard
- Dash of onion flakes
- Capella Sizzling bacon flavored drops (optional)
- 1 tomato
- Italian seasoning to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 package of miracle noodles (aka Shiratke noodles), drained and thoroughly rinsed.
- 1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a small bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients.
- 2. Once ingredients are mixed, mold into 12 meatballs. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or well done.
- 3. Slice tomato into fourths and steam for about 8 minutes. Put it in a blender with the Italian seasoning and blend to your desired consistency, adding water if necessary.
- 4. Rinse your miracle noodles thoroughly, add your sauce and meatballs to your rinsed miracle noodles and enjoy!
Makes 1 serving. Each serving has 179 calories (1 protein, ½ vegetable, 1 carb)